It is no secret that the color treated hair require more care and nourishment, not just to keep the hair healthy but also for the hair color and highlight to last longer. Wild, edgy looks often involves application of bright colors like red, pink, lavender etc. But maintenance of such shades is not easy. The bright hair colors are more susceptible to bleeding. So it is important that you take proper care of your hair to keep the hair color bonded to them for a longer period of time.
Tips to protect color treated hair
- Use dry shampoo: You cannot wash your color treated hair often. Frequent washes can result in color loss. To keep your hairs clean and shiny use dry shampoo. While applying the dry shampoo flip your hair upside down and spray the shampoo on the roots of your hair. This will absorb all the oil from your hair and make them appear clean.
- Keep the water temperature down: For the days when you are going to wash your hair with water, use lukewarm or cold water. The hot water can make the hair color leech out faster, as it opens the cuticles present at the outer surface of the hair which causes the molecules of hair dye to escape.
- Use conditioner: Don’t forget to use a color protecting conditioner every time you use a shampoo. The conditioner will make your hair color look even and shiner. If you have thin hair, then you can just condition the tips of your hair. The tip of the hair is the oldest part of the hair strand which makes it more prone to damage. Conditioning the tips can ensure little or no damage to your colored hair.
- Maintain a healthy diet: A lot of people may find it hard to believe that diet can also affect the appearance of their colored hair. There is this wrong belief that the food has nothing to do with hair color salon rockvills. If you eat healthy food it can provide your hair with all the nutrients it needs to look shiny and lustrous. Include iron rich proteins in your diet. As these foods can promote the production of keratin and keep your color treated hair looking at their best.
- Regularly trim your hair: If your hair starts to get frizzy, it means that your hair may be damaged. To keep your colored hair healthy get frequent trims and cuts.