When it comes to trimming or removing, then even the best tree cutting service will not be able to give you your most definite answer!
Tree trimming is a process where you cut off or remove or simply trim, then unwanted hanging branches, dead branches, some roots and possible removal of weeds, or other minor plants growing around it.
- The hanging branches can be dangerous to your house.
- Untrimmed tree works as a great support for a critter infestation.
- Sometimes, the wildlife living inside the tree spread out and can cause a lot of noise.
- Unwanted leaves, seeds, fruits will constantly invade your yard, lawn or house.
- The extended branches can prove to be very fatal during a storm.
- An untrimmed tree can sometimes look very beautiful.
- It can protect your house completely from unwanted sunlight.
- The local tree service or the tree cutter service will charge you less for trimming as compared to cutting.
The complete removal of a tree by the use of heavy tools. You can either do it yourself or hire a local tree service or a tree cutter service to do it for you.
- The removal of tree costs a lot.
- There are additional charges to pay besides the removal cost.
- It destroys the environment.
- It destroys the wildlife residing in it.
- It takes a lot of time and work.
- You will deprive yourself of the shade a tree provides.
- The removal of tree provides you a good space in your yard or lawn.
- There will be no chances of a critter infestation.
- Your yard will be clean of all the mess i.e. leaves, branches, seeds, fruits etc.
- There will be no fuss about trimming or pruning.
- There will be no danger of possible damage during a storm.
- You no longer have to worry about taking care of the branches or roots.
What to Choose – Tree Trimming or Tree Removing?
As already mentioned, nobody can make this decision for you. However, we can provide you some pointers to ponder upon. Above all gives you an idea of both the processes. But there are some other things which you must keep in mind while making a decision. For example:
- If you live in a hot area, then removing a tree is not a good idea as trees provide a shade from scorching sun.
- If your area is constantly affected by severe storms then removing a tree is a good idea.
- If your street contains poles and the branches extend out then it is better for you to trim.
- If you simply can’t manage to clean your house everyday then removal is good.
- If you have an emotional attachment with the tree or plants in general, then have it trimmed instead of brought down.
Most importantly, view your budget. See what your budget suggests because the removal of a tree even by a local tree service can be very expensive. Hence again, ponder upon such points and carefully evaluate your options before making a decision. Consult with your local arborist if you must. But keep in mind that your money is the most important factor here. If you can’t afford the removal then try trimming until you feel like you’re ready.